• fed advantage slide show
  • fed advantage slide show
  • fed advantage slide show
Challenging and Uncertain Times
During these challenging and uncertain times, we at FedAdvantage are here to support your questions and concerns regarding your coverage as it relates to the Coronavirus. We have worked with The Standard to help address common questions regarding the disability plan.
Here is a link to the latest information regarding COVID-19 that The Standard is providing regarding eligibility and claims: https://www.standard.com/covid-19.

Highlights
Eligibility: If employees lose eligibility due to reduced work hours, a partial or full furlough, or a temporary layoff, The Standard is willing to extend coverage through June 30, 2020 as long as premiums continue to be paid.
LTD Benefits: For a LTD benefit to be payable, there must be a reduction of work hours and supporting medical diagnosis to support the disability. Being quarantined (self, voluntary, or mandatory) does not in itself qualify for a LTD benefit to be payable.
LTD Waiting Periods: Waiting periods are not waived or shortened due to COVID-19.

For any questions, please contact FedAdvantage at the following:

  • Customer Service at 1-866-973-6605 (Monday – Thursday, 8am to 4pm Central Time)
  • Email at customerservice@fedadvantage.com
  • Live Chat on fedadvantage.com (Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 3:00pm Pacific Time)

DISABILITY INSURANCE

As a federal employee, you do not have disability insurance as part of your benefit package. While you do have leave and disability retirement which may appear to be adequate…they aren’t. Our supplemental disability insurance programs are comprehensive, affordable and solve this problem. Learn more

BENEFITS TO COMPLEMENT MEDICAL INSURANCE

When it comes to health insurance no plan covers 100% of everything - deductibles, co-insurance, and copays can add up quickly. Regardless of which health plan you are enrolled in, FedAdvantage's Benefits to Complement Medical Insurance offers you an affordable way to cover those out-of-pocket costs required by your health plan. Our suite of benefits to choose from are: Accident, Critical Illness, and Medical Gap-Inpatient/Outpatient Insurance plans.
Welcome to FedAdvantage
FedAdvantage is pleased to introduce The Standard Insurance Company (The Standard) as our new disability partner. The Standard is the leader in providing disability insurance to public employer groups. Rated with an A+ by A.M. Best, The Standard has insured more than 7 million people while providing professional expertise and high-touch customer service to Public groups. Click here to learn more about the disability insurance coverage with The Standard.

We are also excited to introduce The Hartford as our new partner in providing Accident and Critical Illness coverage. The Hartford is one of the leading providers of Accident and Critical Illness; insuring members for over 50 years. The Accident and Critical Illness plans are now accepting enrollments for an effective date after January 1, 2018. To learn more about the new plan offerings, select Accident or Critical Illness.

Finally, check out the new Inpatient and Outpatient Combination Medical Indemnity coverage. This plan gives you the out-of-pocket reimbursement coverage for medical deductibles and coinsurance whether services are inpatient or outpatient. Click here to learn more.

Since 1992, we have worked in the federal community providing education and insurance programs for federal employees. Our passion and commitment to what we do makes FedAdvantage a leader in working with federal employees. Our creative approach is really what sets us apart from the rest, whether it’s our personalized financial and retirement seminars or our custom designed group supplemental disability program, we consistently demonstrate that we work for you.

We are registered and active in the U.S. Federal Government’s System for Award Management (SAM).
NAICS Code: 524210, 524298, and 541612
PSC Code: G009, G008, G007, and G006
DUNS Number: 079905950   CAGE Code: 7EZB9
BBB logo
FedAdvantage Of Interest

The Common Causes of a Disability

The most common cause of a prolonged disability is NOT an injury or work or a freak accident. In fact less than 5% of disabling accidents and illnesses are work related. The other 95% are not, meaning Workers Compensation doesn’t cover them. According to CDA’s 2013 Long-Term Disability Claims Review, the following were the leading cause of new disability claims in 2012: Read more