Filing a Claim for Critical Illness or Accident Insurance
For Critical Illness coverage, filing a claim happens:
- After a physician has diagnosed you or a covered dependent with a covered illness, or
- After you or your dependent has undergone a health screening and is eligible for a wellness or health screening benefit (if included in the policy).
For Accident Insurance coverage, filing a claim happens after you or your covered dependents receive services performed as a result of an accident.
How and who can start a claim?
You’ll need to work directly with The Hartford to file your claim – this process is different from what you’re used to with medical or dental insurance.
- Retrieve the form online at THEHARTFORD.COM/BENEFITS/MYCLAIM. Complete, sign and date this form electronically or in paper copy. For assistance in completing this form, contact (866) 547-4205.
- You’ll only need to fill in the sections specific to the benefit for which you’re filing a claim.
- If you are incapacitated and are unable to complete claim forms, then your authorized representative can file a claim on your behalf.
What information will you need to provide when submitting your claim?
- The form will ask you to provide some information about you, and if you’re filing the claim for a dependent, their information as well.
- Then select which type of claim you’re filing – whether it’s for Accident and/or Critical Illness. Continue through the form, only filling out the relevant sections.
- In the Benefit Information section, check off each box that applies to the event or services you received as a result of your covered accident, illness or hospital stay.In addition to filling out the form, you’ll also need to provide supporting documentation to prove the claim – such as medical records, physician notes, hospital discharge papers, and itemized medical or hospital bills.
Please call us for guidance with your claim submission – we’re happy to help you understand how to complete the claim successfully. By thoroughly filling out the form and gathering your documentation, we’ll be able to better serve you and ensure your claim is processed efficiently.
You may also need to work with your physician to fully prove your claim, but we’ll let you know during the claims process if this is necessary.
Where is a claim form sent?
Submit the completed form and supporting documentation through the online portal at THEHARTFORD.COM/BENEFITS/MYCLAIM.
Or, you can mail or fax the form and documentation to:
The Hartford Supplemental Insurance Benefit Department
P.O. Box 99906
Grapevine, TX 76099
Fax Number: 1-469-417-1952
What happens next?
After your claim is submitted, a dedicated Client Resolution Specialist will assess completeness of the claim and will contact you with any questions, or to request additional information needed for your claim. Our goal is to ensure you receive all benefits you are entitled to, as quickly as possible.